Bill.com's approval workflow helps you with compliance and reduces the risk of unnecessary money movement within the organization.
Approvals can take place in the following scenarios:
- When your organization needs to pay Bills, you can assign users to verify the details and approve them before the payment goes out to the respective Vendor.
- When paying Bills, discounts that were given by the Vendor (Vendor Credit) can be applied. You can assign approvers to review the Vendor Credit(s) applied on the Bill.
Note: Make sure that your users have the required permission to approve Bills and Vendor Credits. A user with permission to pay unapproved bills can directly pay the bill, regardless of the Bill's approval status.
Let's take a look at the entities that are involved when approving Bills or Vendor Credits.
Approval Policies define the minimum number of approvers needed to approve Bills or Vendor Credits that exceed a defined threshold value.
|Approval Policy Approver||This entity lets you define approvers to approve the Approval Policies that are being created.|
|Set Approvers||Assigns users to approve specific Bills and Vendor Credits.|
|Approve||This is used to Approve Bills and Vendor Credits.|
|Deny||This is used to disapprove Bills and Vendor Credits.|
|Clear Approvers||Once a Bill or Vendor Credit is denied by an approver, the approval process stops and the payment does not go through or the discount is not applied on the payment. You can fix the issues with the payment, and send it for approval again. In order to do that, you need to Clear Approvers and Set Approvers again.|
|Vendor Credit Approver||Gets the details of the approvers assigned to a Vendor Credit.|
|Bill Approver||Gets the details of the approvers assigned to a Bill.|
|List Approvers||Lists the users who are assigned to approve a specific Bill or Vendor Credit.|
|List User Approvals||Lists the Bills or Vendor Credits a specific user has permission to approve.|
- To learn how users are authenticated before logging in to your Organization on Bill.com, see Authentication.
- Want to know how your account receivables are handled within Bill.com? See Accounts Receivable.
- Want to know how your account payables are handled within Bill.com? See Accounts Payable.